[Gambas-user] More Missing Icons...

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Mon Aug 7 12:26:33 CEST 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 11:55, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Monday 07 August 2006 05:33, sbungay wrote:
> >    Hi Benoit!
> >      Just installed the latest 1.9.37 and the missing icon problem gets
> > worse. I now have most of the icons across the top of the main GAMBAS
> > window missing.
> >     Lets see if we can resolve this. Where is Gambas looking for it'sa
> > Icons? I am using FC5 kde-3.5.3-0.4. Result of $ kde-config --path icon
> > is  /root/.kde/share/icons/:/usr/share/icons .
> >      I've attached a screen shot of the IDE to illustrate the problem..
> > kind of difficult to do anything in a GUI when major graphical elements
> > are missing  :(.
> >
> > Steve.
>
> Do you have a "crystalsvg" directory in these directories? Otherwise do you
> have a "default" directory?

@Benoit
May be a user icon path in the gambas config file.
Every user can set there path as the defaults internal in gambas not found.
with a copy of the used paths in the project config file

As the icon paths in compiled program are from '/root/.kde/'
then compiled program is missing icons from /home/anyuser/.kde
as the anyuser has access.
The icons in ~/.kde are the ones the user did install or overrule
the standard from kde.

This will make it smarter to transfer compiled programs to
all local boxes without every box need the IDE to compile
hardcode paths are bad, you have experience with gnome ;)

@sbungay
/root/.kde/

greet to everyone,

Ron

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is
still shrink-wrapped in their warehouse...