[Gambas-user] Request to add...

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Aug 3 00:03:20 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 23:49, Ron Onstenk wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 August 2006 22:38, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > > Also you can add/remove a label for textbox and style them.
> > > Adding a textbox adds also a label beside of it automagically.
> > >
> > > The label is a child of the TextBox control
> > > txtMyTextboxMemberID.Controls(0).Caption="Member ID"
> > >
> > > I like btnMyyz# instead of Button#, could also be done wheni'm right to
> > > remember as default name for the control.
> > >

> > > Ron
> >
> > You can make your "LabelTextBox" control easily in Gambas if you want, by
> > using the UserControl class.
> >
> > --
> > Benoit Minisini
>
> Yea I know.
> But this one is different.
> Standard when you use the textbox from the toolbox the label is
> placed according the properties set in the the toolbox together
> with the textbox on the form.
> If you do not need it on some place you select and press 'Del'
>
> That could be made in a usercontrol.
> But what James Hatridge means is that all the controls can be
> styled by changing the properties in the toolbox.
>
> The Textbox with Label, I talked about, is only another extra
> feature in MS-Access form editor. (Or does MS-xxx hurt always :)  )
>
> The basic thing is that we can set the properties after put on the
> form, Styling must then be done after the placement each time.
> If the user (programmer) is able to set the default properties
> for a control in the toolbox then everytime put on the form will
> have it prestyled. That cost less time to design a form.
>
> Ron

I see... I imagine that this feature would make GUI with many different fonts
and color everywhere more easy :-)

Otherwise, you have cut/copy & paste, and you can set the font of all selected
controls at once with the property sheet.

I need a real concrete example to be convinced :-)

Benoit Minisini