[Gambas-user] Request to add...

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Wed Aug 2 23:49:00 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 22:38, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > Also you can add/remove a label for textbox and style them.
> > Adding a textbox adds also a label beside of it automagically.
> >
> > The label is a child of the TextBox control
> > txtMyTextboxMemberID.Controls(0).Caption="Member ID"
> >
> > I like btnMyyz# instead of Button#, could also be done wheni'm right to
> > remember as default name for the control.
> >

> > Ron
>
> You can make your "LabelTextBox" control easily in Gambas if you want, by
> using the UserControl class.
>
> --
> Benoit Minisini

Yea I know.
But this one is different.
Standard when you use the textbox from the toolbox the label is
placed according the properties set in the the toolbox together
with the textbox on the form.
If you do not need it on some place you select and press 'Del'

That could be made in a usercontrol.
But what James Hatridge means is that all the controls can be
styled by changing the properties in the toolbox.

The Textbox with Label, I talked about, is only another extra
feature in MS-Access form editor. (Or does MS-xxx hurt always :)  )

The basic thing is that we can set the properties after put on the
form, Styling must then be done after the placement each time.
If the user (programmer) is able to set the default properties
for a control in the toolbox then everytime put on the form will
have it prestyled. That cost less time to design a form.

Ron

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is
still shrink-wrapped in their warehouse...