[Gambas-user] SDI/MDI

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Apr 28 19:06:32 CEST 2006

On Fri April 28 2006 12:37, Leonardo Miliani wrote:
> I would like to say that I apprecite a lot the work that
> Benoit is doing on Gambas but I also would like to say that I
> don't like the MDI look that Gambas has in the last versions.
> I apprecited much more SDI look because Linux programs use a
> lot this interface: MDI programs remember me Windows-like
> applications ;-)

Well, an MDI version of the IDE is one of the most frequently
requested features, and while I'm still surprised Benoit did it
(I figured I'd have to do a Fakebas 2.0 eventually) I guess it's
no surprise that some people prefer the GIMP model.

> I would suggest to Benoit to consider the use of a parameter
> in configure command to let the user the ability to choose how
> to compile the program, with SDI or MDI interface (i.e.
> configure --with-sdi/mdi or something similar). Yes, I know

I had hoped to do that with Fakebas and I hope it's also possible
with the official MDI IDE.  But don't forget that this IDE is
going to be replaced before 2.0 regardless of what it looks
like.

Rob