[Gambas-user] Question about SDI/MDI

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Apr 28 16:42:21 CEST 2006

On Fri April 28 2006 10:08, ron wrote:
> Do I understand it right Benoit works with the SDI and
> apply your patch for the MDI ?

No, Benoit made the MDI version himself.  But I made Fakebas,
which was its own MDI version, about a year ago, and I had some
features in there (most importantly a Window menu and a
"taskbar" to manage the windows) that aren't in the new MDI
version, so I need to add those to what Benoit has done.

> Therefore I add to the editor a list on the side to quick
> jump. Yes I know the RMB can do it too. But look the menu with
> the project, fmain or Feditor file from the IDE if you have
> 800x600 or 1024x768. The side list shows/works more effecient
> in those cases.

I do remember that.  At one point I had added the same kind of
thing to the top of each window, but as a combobox, not a list
going down the side of the window which I felt used too much
space.  I don't remember whether I included that in Fakebas or
not, though.

Rob