[Gambas-user] Question about SDI/MDI

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Apr 28 16:08:05 CEST 2006

On Friday 28 April 2006 14:48, Rob Kudla wrote:
> On Fri April 28 2006 07:55, ron wrote:
> > The question, are both in maintenance or are you switching
> > to the SDI and let MDI die?
>
> SDI = Single Document Interface, which has many windows.  MDI =
> Multiple Document Interface, which has one big window.  Are you
> confusing the two terms here?
>
> I still have to reapply my fakebas changes to the new IDE and
> submit a patch (sorry, 2 clients vying for my time here), so
> I'll try to address your help issue troubles when I do (if
> Benoit or Fabien doesn't beat me to it ;) )
>
> Rob

Oops, yes but other ways the name is a bit confusing.
It is more clear if it was called SWI and MWI :)

Do I understand it right Benoit works with the SDI and
apply your patch for the MDI ?

The reason for asking is in the MDI the Find could use a reconstruction.
In fact it is the second one preventing me to go.
As you may remember I add the search list to it.
Now the forms are based on 1/2 character height it is in my view to big.
When the list is active it should be smaller so it can be on the side
of the document under construction.

Sometimes I misuse it with a search for SUB and use it to quick browse
in the editor.
Therefore I add to the editor a list on the side to quick jump.
Yes I know the RMB can do it too. But look the menu with the project,
fmain or Feditor file from the IDE if you have 800x600 or 1024x768.
The side list shows/works more effecient in those cases.

This is the reason to ask for possible change of the editor in Feditor.
I do have on the bottom a second editor in viewmode to lookup the code.
I've seen also a snapshot for a realy new IDE, wich looks great at first sight.
And that all together was the reason to ask this information.
May be I can contribute something to the IDE again.

Ron