[Gambas-user] prb:event programming

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at ...2...
Thu Apr 27 22:46:23 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 21:42, ron wrote:
> On Thursday 27 April 2006 18:02, Benoit Minisini wrote:
>
> ---8<---
>
> > You must tell which version of Gambas you use, and send me your project
> > so that I can check what happens, and eventually fix the bug if there is
> > a bug!
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Gambas version 1.9.26 but at home .28
>
> > PUBLIC SUB _new()
> >   NavBar = NEW Fnavbar AS "Browser"
> > END
>
> I am afraid I had to add here a object.Attach("NavBar",ME,"Browser")
>
> > PUBLIC SUB _new()
> >   NavBar = NEW Fnavbar AS "Browser"
>
>     Object.Attach("NavBar",ME,"Browser")
>
> > END
>
> The code of the project was in previous message, I stripped a copy of
> the orginal project for checking, this was leftover.
>
> The wiki example uses a class that raise the event,
> in my case it is a form opened by the main Form1.
>
> Have redone at home during this mail.
> It works now here(.28), I hope next week at work(.26) too.
>
> Both Object.Attach(NavBar,ME,"Browser") and
> Object.Attach(FNavBar,ME,"Browser") do work now.
> However the logic tell me I must use the handle set with the New FNavBar.
> :)
>
> Is the Object.Atach a minimum requirement for the event management in forms
> ? As I go in history I did not do it in the 0.xx time and first stable
> versions. Yes I miss from 1.0.3 and up to now and the 1.9.10 or so to
> 1.9.24 Have been almost a year not active with gambas and programming in
> general.
>

> TIA from,
>
> Ron

Sorry, I didn't read well what you wrote. I have problems at the moment that
distract me...

Forms are always their own event observer, even if you inherits them. So you
have to use Object.Attach if you want to catch their events.

I did this way so that Forms in Gambas behave the same way as in VB!

Benoit Minisini