[Gambas-user] prb:event programming

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Apr 27 21:42:35 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 18:02, Benoit Minisini wrote:

---8<---

> You must tell which version of Gambas you use, and send me your project so
> that I can check what happens, and eventually fix the bug if there is a bug!
>
> Regards,

Gambas version 1.9.26 but at home .28

> PUBLIC SUB _new()
>   NavBar = NEW Fnavbar AS "Browser"
> END

I am afraid I had to add here a object.Attach("NavBar",ME,"Browser")

> PUBLIC SUB _new()
>   NavBar = NEW Fnavbar AS "Browser"
    Object.Attach("NavBar",ME,"Browser")
> END

The code of the project was in previous message, I stripped a copy of
the orginal project for checking, this was leftover.

The wiki example uses a class that raise the event,
in my case it is a form opened by the main Form1.

Have redone at home during this mail.
It works now here(.28), I hope next week at work(.26) too.

Both Object.Attach(NavBar,ME,"Browser") and
Object.Attach(FNavBar,ME,"Browser") do work now.
However the logic tell me I must use the handle set with the New FNavBar. :)

Is the Object.Atach a minimum requirement for the event management in forms ?
As I go in history I did not do it in the 0.xx time and first stable versions.
Yes I miss from 1.0.3 and up to now and the 1.9.10 or so to 1.9.24
Have been almost a year not active with gambas and programming in general.

TIA from,

Ron