[Gambas-user] Using gambas to dial phone

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Apr 22 19:54:44 CEST 2006

On Sat April 22 2006 00:49, Eldon Eller wrote:
> I would like to dial a selected phone number from a gambas
> application. My computer has a 56k winmodem on the mother
> board, which I expect could be used for this purpose. I also
> note that a winmodem driver came with my distro (SuSE 10.0).
> It is called Intel-536ep - Driver for Intel's 536EP v92 modem.
> I have not yet installed it, but easily could. Does anyone
> have experience doing this? A code example would be perfect.

Getting the modem working is up to you, but after that it should
just be a matter of opening the serial port created by its
driver and sending "ATDT12345551212" or whatever the number is.

There is a serial port example that comes with Gambas if you need
help with the actual opening of the serial port, and google for
"AT commands" if you need help with the standard set of commands
that modems accept, letting you control the speaker, the wait
time before hanging up, the response codes, etc.

Rob