[Gambas-user] Bugs found in 1.0.14

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at ...1367...
Wed Apr 5 20:38:50 CEST 2006

Okay.  I've been working pretty intensively on a program and have come
across a few unexplainable things in the Gambas 1.0.14 RUNTIME.  I don't
think these are documented as I've seen nothing on them:

        1) Floating points: when I use floating points I get a sig #11
        crash in my program (not the IDE) unless I include
        "str(myfloat)" directly after referencing the float. Str doesn't
        have to do anything in particular other than convert the float
        to some dummy string variable. i.e.:

                myfloat = myfloat + someotherfloat
                strDummy = str(myfloat)

        2) It seems "mypicture.load" requires "mypicture = new picture"
        prior to using it otherwise a sig #11 crash in the program
        occurs. i.e.:

                mypicture = new picture
                mypicture.load(mypath)

                Actually, it seems proper to clear the picture before
                built-in to the load function.

        3) Columnview control doesn't handle keypresses quite the same
        way Iconview does (iconview-way is preferred).

Those are the bugs I've found.  I've managed work-arounds for them
(except the last one) so otherwise everything is fine.

Thought you should know,
Jeff

--

     .^.