[Gambas-user] not enough?

Orven Llantos orven_llantos at ...43...
Fri Sep 23 10:40:30 CEST 2005

Rob and Andrea,

Thanks for answering my previous query, i did all you
asked me to do. but i don't what's wrong, it seemed
that gambas2 still generates the following runtime
message when i try to connect to postgresql:

cannot find driver for database: postgresql.

for you to understand what i did, i will be writing it
here;

when i compile the postgreSQL 8 database i added the
option --with-odbc. but since it didn't worked i
posted a "help" message here. next, i downloaded the
unixODBC and successfully compiled it. since the
--with-odbc option doesn't work i downloaded the
psqlODBC8.00.0100 and compiled it on my system and
everything went ok. since i'm using gambas2...18 i
downloaded the gambas2...20 and compiled it. i didn't
make any uninstall to the previous installation.
everything went ok. but i still cannot connect to
postgre server. when i used the gambas database
manager to search for active database servers, it
detected the postgresql database. but again it cannot
connect. :-(

the question now on my mind is "how can i get over
it?" i'm desperate.....

Sincerely,

Orven E. Llantos