[Gambas-user] Why this simple program doesn't work

Alonzo Flinston francesco.difusco at ...69...
Sat Sep 17 16:27:26 CEST 2005

> There are a number of reasons why it doesn't work.
> One is that
>
> (cifra <> "0" OR cifra <> "1")
>
> will always return true no matter which character cifra contains.
Ok, I have understood my mistake. Now I have changed the source, and it
works

DO WHILE (i <= n AND numbin = TRUE)
cifra = Mid$(binario, i, 1)
IF (cifra = "0" OR cifra = "1") THEN
i = i + 1
ELSE
numbin = FALSE
ENDIF
LOOP

> For i =1 to n
> cifra = Mid$(binario, i, 1)
> IF NOT (cifra = "0" OR cifra = "1") THEN
> numbin = FALSE
> BREAK
> END IF
> NEXT
> RETURN numbin
> END

I didn't want to execute a FOR loop, for I don't want to force exiting
from the loop, using a BREAK instruction.

Thank you very muche for having let me notice my logical mistake.

Francesco

Teaching OnLine
Corsi online di programmazione
Php, Asp, C, C++, Visual Basic, Delphi