[Gambas-user] Creating excutibles in version 2

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Sep 14 19:21:37 CEST 2005

On Wed September 14 2005 03:36, Radoslav Dejanovi? wrote:
> That might be because scripts in Un*x start with shebang (#!) pair
> of characters to let the system know they are scripts to be
> executed. ;) Just like DOS or Windows applications start with MZ.
>
> Konqueror is set up to recognize file with shebang as an executable
> script, so you can just click on it to run it. Doesn't make much
> sense, though. ;)

I think you misunderstand.  Konqueror *doesn't* run Gambas
applications, despite the shebang.  It prompts you for a program with
which to open your application, ignoring the shebang line altogether,
and displays a generic document icon for the application rather than
its icon.  This is true as of KDE 3.4, at least.  Try it.

Yeah, I was a VB programmer, but I was using Unix before VB 1.0 came
out ;)

Rob