[Gambas-user] Creating excutibles in version 2

Scott sclewin at ...1126...
Tue Sep 13 01:56:46 CEST 2005

Rob Kudla wrote:
> On Mon September 12 2005 17:46, Scott wrote:
>
>>     Is version 2 able to create executables yet or am I doing
>> something horribly wrong?  I have tried several times using very
>> simply programs. With the Project/Make executable it looks like it
>> saves a executable file, but one is never saved.  I have done a
>>

> If Project/Make Executable isn't making an executable, there must be a
> problem with the Gambas archiver (/usr/bin/gba)
I can't seem to find the gba, that could be the problem.  How do I get
it?  It does not seem to be part of a package.
> What distribution are you using?
Kubuntu v5.04, actually I originally installed Ubuntu v5.04 from disk
then added Kubuntu.
> Did you get Gambas through official
> packages
I got it from a repository through synaptic.  It is version 1.9.20 from
linex.org.  I was thinking about getting the version one that comes in
the standard repository if version two does not work, but I was hoping
to learn and get use to version two instead of learning version one then
re-learning version 2.
> Rob

Thank you for the help.

--