[Gambas-user] Creating excutibles in version 2

Scott sclewin at ...1126...
Mon Sep 12 23:46:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

    I'm new to Gambas, I use to program simple programs in QBasic
before.  I read through a few tutorials and I am very pleased with
Gambas so far, except for one thing.

    Is version 2 able to create executables yet or am I doing something
horribly wrong?  I have tried several times using very simply programs.
With the Project/Make executable it looks like it saves a executable
file, but one is never saved.  I have done a complete search of my file
system using find and can't find any files it creates.  With the
Project/Make Installation Package I go through the simple wizard that
ask you to put the description and select the categories and the
distribution.  I have tried all four on there and come up with the same
error "The package build has failed"

    If anybody can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.  This is the
only thing stopping me from trying to design some decent programs.

--
Your friend,
Scott

http://www.bmts.com