[Gambas-user] Gambas Rocks! & Newbie Alert!

Garrett garrett at ...1118...
Thu Sep 8 02:16:53 CEST 2005

GAMBAS ROCKS!

Ok, yeah, 40 year old Linux/Gambas newb here.  I just wanted thank
Benoît Minisini for making Gambas.

I'm not a hardcore programmer, so I've been looking for something to
program with on Linux that I would be capable of understanding.  Coming
from the Windows world I was use to programming in a few smaller
languages, Visual DialogScript mainly though.  So I did have some
programming ability before trying out Gambas.

Within one night I was able to code and package a program using Gambas
(stable version).

Now I have no reason once so ever to look back at MS Windope (except
maybe the potential for cross platform programming).

Also, I recently acquired a web site related to basic programming on
linux (http://www.basic4linux.com/).  If anyone is interested in adding
some reviews and such, drop by the site and see if there's anything
might be interested in.

I plan on adding info about Gambas, but I need to learn more about it
first and get more comfortable with it before I do so.

Anyway, just wanted to basically thank Benoît Minisini for making
Gambas, and thanks to everyone who helps him out with Gambas and to
those who help others.

Best regards,
-Garrett