[Gambas-user] AM/PM - Noon to 1PM Problem

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Oct 19 16:37:25 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 05:57, Rob Kudla wrote:
> On Tue October 18 2005 22:50, A Person wrote:
> > Are these types of difficulties present in the Gambas2
> > versions? Is it time for me to become upwardly mobile?
>
> I don't mean to minimize the annoyance that can be caused by time
> formats being incorrect, but if this format issue has been a
> showstopper for you, you should stay away from gambas2 for a
> while yet.... the syntax can (and does) still change from
> version to version, and things can still behave unpredictably.
>
> Personally, I wrote a "gb.posix" component last year just so I
> could use strftime() in my Gambas projects.  (Posted it here, no
> one cared.)  Nowadays I guess I would use gb.api to do the same
> thing.  I like having one standard set of formats rather than
> having to go, "Hmmm, is a minute 'm' or 'n' or 'M' in this
> language?"  I like to know that I can type "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"
> and get 2005-10-18 23:55 in whatever languages give me access to
> strftime().
>
> I personally don't mind, except when I find a project I was
> working on circa 1.9.2 and want to pick it back up ;)
>
> Rob

The time formats are directly taken from the system. I mean, Gambas behaves
exactly like the shell 'date' command, except that the format string syntax
is different.

And so, according to the GNU documentation, 12:00 is PM and 24:00 is AM. I
don't know if it is the truth, but Gambas returns you what the GNU libraries
tell him!

Benoit Minisini