[Gambas-user] AM/PM - Noon to 1PM Problem

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Oct 19 05:57:16 CEST 2005

On Tue October 18 2005 22:50, A Person wrote:
> Are these types of difficulties present in the Gambas2
> versions? Is it time for me to become upwardly mobile?

I don't mean to minimize the annoyance that can be caused by time
formats being incorrect, but if this format issue has been a
showstopper for you, you should stay away from gambas2 for a
while yet.... the syntax can (and does) still change from
version to version, and things can still behave unpredictably.

Personally, I wrote a "gb.posix" component last year just so I
could use strftime() in my Gambas projects.  (Posted it here, no
one cared.)  Nowadays I guess I would use gb.api to do the same
thing.  I like having one standard set of formats rather than
having to go, "Hmmm, is a minute 'm' or 'n' or 'M' in this
language?"  I like to know that I can type "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"
and get 2005-10-18 23:55 in whatever languages give me access to
strftime().

I personally don't mind, except when I find a project I was
working on circa 1.9.2 and want to pick it back up ;)

Rob