[Gambas-user] Validate Event and CausesValidation

Dani Santos jose.santos at ...429...
Wed Oct 19 13:45:37 CEST 2005

Let's suposse a simple form with Ok and Cancel buttons.

I need to validate the contents of some textboxes before focus is lost
outside the control. I also need a Cancel Button so, if pressed, doesn't
cause validation in any control of the form. (Exactly the same behaviour
my old VB had).

I haven't had much sucess implementing in the LostFocus event. It would
be nicer if the validation would take place before the focus was lost.

I have not figured out how to do it: I could control the Tab KeyPress in
an event but the user always could use the mouse to go to the next
control.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

--
José Daniel Santos Delgado
Programador del IESO Quercus (Malpartida de Plasencia)