[Gambas-user] QUIT Command

John Rittinghouse jr at ...1090...
Sat Oct 15 17:36:28 CEST 2005

Scott,

Thanks and I get the same result with QUIT.  I believe this QUIT command
is intended for maintaining some type of compatibility with VB programs
and is used to maintain that type of compatible functionality.  Me.Close
is the better alternative for Gambas but if there are any other points
to be made about the QUIT command, Benoit would be the best to answer
that.  I will go back and see if I can make the book a bit more clear on
that.

regards,
jr

From: Scott <sclewin at ...1169...>
 A Beginner's Guide to Gambas
2005-10-15 07:29

 Hi,

     I have started reading the book and I like it, I am very new to
 Gambas and programming and this looks like it will be a big help,
thank
 you.  I just have a few questions/comments from what I have read so
far;
 I'm up to page 37.

     First, I was very pleased to see comments on proper programming
 practices.  Thanks to you I will now make sure to name my variables
 using the variable type in its name.  Also, I noticed you mentioned
 "QUIT" to be used in a program to end it.  That has never worked for
me
 in version 1 or 2 of the program, I will have the program end, but a
 console will pop up with the message, "WARNING: circular references
 detected Form1 (1) Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
 WARNING: 2 allocation(s) non freed.".  I have been using "ME.Close"
and
 that seems to work well to quit.

 --
 Your friend,
 Scott

 http://www.bmts.com/~sclewin

 "No one is good at everything, but everyone is good at something"

--
regards,
jr