[Gambas-user] TableView no longer supported

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Nov 29 18:22:29 CET 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 16:43, johnf wrote:
> I read the information in the beginner's Guide to Gambas book on page 347.
> "The QT library-based TableView control is obsolete in the QT Library,
> having been replaced with the QTable control".
>
> I'm also aware that QT 4.1 is coming soon.  I won't finish my project for
> about a year so I don't want to use some control that will be obsolete
> before I finish my project.
>
> As far as I know on SUSE 10.0 the TableView is working.
>
> John

What you read is not really accurate.

Don't mix up Gambas control names with QT widget names. There are not
necessarily related.

If Trolltech makes a QT widget obsolete, that means there is (or will be)
another widget with a different name that has the same (often more)
functionality than the old one.

You won't see the switch in the Gambas component. The Gambas control will keep
their names. They will use internally the new widget, but you won't see the
difference (except that it could get more functionnality).

In other words, you have in Gambas two controls, GridView and TableView that
use the same QT widget, QTable. If QTable is replaced by something other in
QT 4, you (normally) won't see the difference in your Gambas program.

Benoit Minisini