[Gambas-user] Dealing with keycodes

S Krupa Shankar shankarkrupa at ...43...
Tue Nov 29 06:54:38 CET 2005

From: Rob Kudla <sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...>
On Mon November 28 2005 05:54, S Krupa Shankar wrote:
>> I did not expect!!! Great! So now I can safely
assume
>> there will always be an equivalent for everything
in
>> Gambas for visual basic.

>Not true.... there are still a few things VB does
that Gambas
>will probably never do, like passing scalar variables
(string,
>integer, long) by reference as opposed to by value,
and letting
>the user create variables on the fly without
declaring them
>first.

>These differences are by design, because VB's way
encourages bad
>programming of the sort that gives BASIC a bad name.

Oh, that is fine. I did not mean the features exactly.
If there is a way to do the same task in any manner,
that would be great.

By the way, I am trying to do a keyboard driver with
Gambas. Would it be possible? The idea is to trap the
keypress events in other applications (yes, other
applications). The gambas program will remain in the
system tray and watch the keyboard strokes. Text will
be sent to the active window according to the key
pressed. Something like the driver in Tavultesoft.com
MS Windows or SCIM/IMModules in Linux.

Just asking the possiblity, would it be possible to
watch the keystrokes and control the text through
Gambas?

Krupa

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com