[Gambas-user] Dealing with keycodes

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Nov 28 17:58:58 CET 2005

On Mon November 28 2005 05:54, S Krupa Shankar wrote:
> I did not expect!!! Great! So now I can safely assume
> there will always be an equivalent for everything in
> Gambas for visual basic.

Not true.... there are still a few things VB does that Gambas
will probably never do, like passing scalar variables (string,
integer, long) by reference as opposed to by value, and letting
the user create variables on the fly without declaring them
first.

These differences are by design, because VB's way encourages bad
programming of the sort that gives BASIC a bad name.

Rob