[Gambas-user] Signal #11

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Nov 21 22:50:03 CET 2005

On Monday 21 November 2005 22:41, Werner Staudacher wrote:
> Benoit Minisini schrieb:
> >On Sunday 20 November 2005 23:04, Werner Staudacher wrote:
> >>Hi all
> >>
> >>Since i have Version 1.0.12 installed some project does end with Signal
> >>#11 when the first Form should be displayed, after all startup code.
> >>So i take a look for diffrents between the running and the stopping
> >>projects, and found that it is the progressbar. When i drop them from
> >>the Form its okay again.
> >>But for some Projects it would be nice to have progressbars :(
> >>
> >>Staudi
> >>
> >>PS: Have a Debian 2.6.11 based Distro from Kanotix with KDE
> >
> >Can you send me a project that crashes please?
>
> Hi Benoit
>
> I found the point: It is the height-value.
> I want the progressbar only  visible if he has to show a action, but i
> got it never to work this way (to show and refresh by action) when it
> was not visible at startup. As workaround i let it visible and set the
> height to 0. Maybe that kind of design is strange ;-) Now with Version
> 1.0.12 when the control is visible and the height less then 10, the
> signal #11 occurs, if not visible it works.... but is never visible when
> in action. Hope this helps, otherwise i can send you the project data.
>
> Staudi

I think this is a bug either in QT or, more probably in the KDE style you use.
Style are often badly programmed, and don't expect having a progress bar with
a too small height!

Which KDE style do you use? I use Lipstick, and when the progress bar is too
small, I don't have a crash, but many QT warnings about illegal painting
actions.

Benoit Minisini