[Gambas-user] Return code 245 from SDL

Dominique SIMONART simonart.dominique at ...11...
Sun Nov 20 02:35:15 CET 2005

Le Jeudi 17 Novembre 2005 14:10, lordheavy a écrit :
> Le Mercredi 16 Novembre 2005 01:59, Dominique SIMONART a écrit :
> > Le Mercredi 16 Novembre 2005 00:42, Dominique SIMONART a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > > I written a Master Mind program and it work correctly until I want to
> > > start a newgame. Then I got a message "le programme a retourné 245"
> > > and it crash. On a window beside, I can read something about a
> > > 'parachute déployé dans SDL" (Yes, a frenchie here!). The exact place
> > > where the crash appears is in this precise loop
> .....<snip>
> Yes ! another frenchie ! :)
>
> > Correction:
> > FOR L = 0 TO 9
> >   frmJeu.grdElem[L,0].Picture = frmJeu.picImage[71+L].Picture
> > NEXT
> >
> > note: The array contains 89 pictures (24x24 pixels)
> > Dominique
>
> Could you send me your project ? or send me a link to it so i could take a
> look at.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> jabber : lordheavy at ...943...
> mail : lordheavy at ...1220...

 Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the delay, but I do not connect each
days. About your offer, I'm a bit embarassed due the situation is not the
same now:
First, as I suspected SDL (Beta in 1.6), I removed all the related code to
SDL, then I unchecked SDL components from the project properties
 The crash was always there, but the message is different (Sure enough, no
more SDL!). Now it is Signal #11. Here is the exact text I noted

"Le programme s'est arreté de manière inattendue en déclenchant le signal #11"
(I've no idea what that means!)

Second, I thank my problem coud come from too much graphics (PictureBox,
Pictures, etc) so I deeply modified the prog. I reduce the Pictures from 89
to 22, and replaced them by Drawing them (very simple, colored square with a
colored letter inside). Well, it was not a big success because the program
crash more quickly, during the first game.

To investigate a bit, I written a little prog to reproduce the drawing
scenario, but even 20.000 iterations doesn't crash anything

My conclusion is it is not a coding error but a bad conception.

Sure, I could send the project but it is almost 27Meg and I live in a place
where ADSL is yet a dream for 2 years. So I just have a 56K modem. Plus, the
Gambas project is in a PC without connection (I've moved it near a phone
connector to unload Gambas, but now I replaced it in my living room). I will
see if a reduced version (no title screen, no sound, few graphics,...) will
cause a crash. If yes I will manage to send it to you

Could you give me the meaning of the message please, I'm a very beginner in
Linux (I don't even know how to launch the exec I produced in Gambas!)

Thanks for your help
Dominique