[Gambas-user] OT: GTK component and Ubuntu development

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon May 9 16:22:39 CEST 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 10:45, Thomas Mathiesen wrote:
> I am thinking of building a so-called "Domain Authentication Utility" for
> Ubuntu.
> In-short, this utility will setup a domain server and on clients, it'll add
> the clients to this domain (using openldap + samba + kerberos ..and mail
> etc.).
>
> To be able to release gambas-based applications on Ubuntu, I seriously need
> the gtk component, as Gnome is default on Ubuntu.
>
> Is there a timeline for the release of Gambas 1.9.6 features in a stable
> release?
> (From my point of view, the 1.9.6 is very stable).
>
> I think it'd be a breakthrough, and will maybe lead to gambas runtime
> becoming a standard package in Ubuntu (www.ubuntulinux.com).
>
> Cheers
> /Thomas
>
> --
> LinProfs
> Phone: +31703521193 & +31652572454
> Web: www.linprofs.com & www.linprofs.nl
> Email: thomas at ...947...
>
> -
> "Microsoft is to operating systems & security ....
> .... what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"

1.9.x is a *development* version, and there is no timeline for making it
stable. There are many problems in it, and I will continue breaking things
inside until I'm statisfied :-)

If you want to use it as it is a stable version, you should do it at your own
risk. I won't hear you crying :-)

Elsewhere, I'm sure that installing the Qt library on the The Ubuntu is very
easy. I installed the Debian gambas packages on a Ubuntu Live-CD in a few
mouse clicks, and the only problem I had is that QT fonts were too large.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...