[Gambas-user] gambas2-1.9.7 possible bug with work around

Murphy, Allen amurphy at ...968...
Thu May 5 16:36:59 CEST 2005

Hello,

After downloading and compiling gambas2-1.9.7, everything seemed to go
well.  After the usual "./configure", "make", "make install" commands
things looked good.  However, when executing the "gambas2" command to
start the IDE, I received an error (unfortunately I did not write it
down completely - it had somehting to do with FOption... and recursive
definition).

Anyway, after investigating the make output, I noticed that there was an
error compiling gambas2 in line 845 of FFind.class.  I opened the file
from ../gambas2-1.9.7/app/src/gambas2/ in Kate and located the line
#845:

  sFile=Left(hForm.Title,Instr(hform.Title," ")-1)

The only thing I could think of was that the "-1" was being interpreted
incorrectly so I add spaces as follows:

  sFile = Left(hForm.Title, Instr(hform.Title," ") - 1)

After this I saved the file, ran "make uninstall", and then "make
install" again.  Believe it or not, this worked!  I can now run gambas2
:)!

I'm no expert, but if someone else runs into this problem it is worth a
try.

Take care,
Allen Murphy

*** Scanned by GenNET AV 11 Out ***