[Gambas-user] TableView gray column width?

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Wed May 4 08:32:33 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

Just ran into this problem: How can I adjust the width of the very first
(gray) column in a TableView?

It adjusts itself when strings are inserted which are bigger than
before, i. e. it widens itself. But it does not narrow afterwards, even
when you reduce the number of Rows and Columns to 0 and start all over.

The problem is that

TableView.Columns[0].Text

refers to the first string in the gray column, but

TableView.Columns[0].Width

refers to the width of the first normal (white) column!

In my project, I use the same TableView for 2 different sorts of tables,
one which just has the automatic numbers in the gray column and 2 white
columns with data, and another one which uses the gray column to display
names and has a number of further white cells behind it. When you switch
back to the small table, the numbers appear in a very wide gray column,
but it cannot be narrowed anymore.

What can I do?

Rolf