R: [Gambas-user] How to change the name of an object on the fly.. ...?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Mar 29 19:06:58 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 08:42, Premoli, Roberto wrote:
> As far as i know, this feature DOESNT exist in GAMBAS :-(
> I regret so much this leak, because to index the objects is a SMART
> way to work when there are many object to manage: more, it is
> elegant to use a for-next cicle for a quick work on an array of
> objects. I hope this feature will be implemented as soon as
> possible.

You can make your own array of controls in code.... in fact, in that
VB form to Gambas translator I put out on the list, that's exactly
what it does if it comes upon an array of VB controls.  It adds them
all to a group, and generates code in the Form_Open method of the
form which creates and populates the control arrays.

So you can have control arrays, but only if you create them in VB and
then import them.  There's no reason you can't do it in the Gambas
form designer as well, except for Benoit's stubbornness ;)

Rob