R: R: [Gambas-user] How to change the name of an object on the fl y.. ...?

Premoli, Roberto roberto.premoli at ...936...
Tue Mar 29 16:51:21 CEST 2005

>> As far as i know, this feature DOESNT exist in GAMBAS :-(
>> I regret so much this leak, because to index the objects is a SMART
way
>> to work when there are many object to manage: more, it is elegant to
use
>> a for-next cicle for a quick work on an array of objects. I hope this
>> feature will be implemented as soon as possible.
>>
>> Roberto
>>

>I won't implement this "feature" to prevent you from writing bad code.
>Gambas is not Visual Basic :-)

Bad code?
In my mind, a fast and elegant for-next routin is not bad code.

>If you have many textboxes for doing the same thing, then you must not
>create them in the IDE,
Why not? It is quick and easy.

>but dynamically in your code, and assign them to an array of
>object.
I dont see the advantage to do this...

>You will find examples of that in this mailing-list If I remember...
>Regards,

GAMBAS is GREAT, but leak this feature is a (i duno how to tell in
english) it is a way to decrease_the_value_of_a_good_sofware.
Array of objects at IDE time is smart, I am sorry u will not implement
it.

Roberto