[Gambas-user] strange problem with NOT

Jean-Francois Perreault cmcpero at ...142...
Fri Mar 18 20:45:11 CET 2005

IF 1 THEN
IF NOT 1 THEN
IF NOT (1) THEN
all return true

but NOT CBool(1) returns false

I think (in VB at least) AND OR XOR and NOT should all have lower
precedence (executed after) than (=,>,<,>=,<=,<>)

this page disagree with me , but this is for C++

http://www.intap.net/~drw/cpp/cpp03_05.htm

but this page from MSDN , about VB.NET says that NOT and the other
logical and bitwise operators have lower precedence the comparison and
arithmetic operators

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vblr7/html/vagrpOperatorPrecedence.asp

(what the hell is AndAlso and OrElse ?! ... never heard of those before)

I'm pretty sure this is similar behavior to VB6

(
btw there is an unrelated example of overloading DIM , like this

Dim A, B, C, D, E, F, G As Double
that would be another great thing to have
unspecified types are the same as the last but

you can explicitely specify each one , it just makes the code more
compact and readable
...  what happens with Dim A, B, C as Interger, D as NEW Checkbox, E as
Double ?
oh well..
)