[Gambas-user] Connecting gambas with ODBC Databases

Andrea Bortolan andrea_bortolan at ...325...
Sun Mar 13 22:11:47 CET 2005

The problem is that some functions are not implemented in ODBC standard. Gambas DM try to retrieve the userID registered in the Database, this function is not implemented in ODBC, changing the user id password is another function not implemented, and many others. For this reasons I'm not able to implement those function in the ODBC module, unixODBC does not provide them because the ODBC standard does not implement them.
Probalby the best thing to do in order to allow ODBC component to work in Gambas DM is to add a check for the DB used and avoid some function call if ODBC. But this means changes some code inside Gambas DM.... I've got little time to spend in ODBC development so I'll try to let it work before thinking to change some good code like Gambas DM.
I hope that in the next few days I'll be able to release a new version of the ODBC that should fix some bugs...

If I can help you more please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Juan Jose Costello Levien <jcostello at ...903...> wrote:
Ok, I tested the Database example, and worked fine (with MySQL and
PostgreSQL ODBC Drivers).

The problem is with the Database Manager program. I think that there is
some trouble with the ODBC component, the trick is to view the exact
moment when I click on the connection and to see internally what
function does the DM calls. Maybe you have to look at the gambas
sources. If you want, I can give a look at the DM source and how does it
call the ODBC component.

Thank you for your answers.
Cheers

Juan