[Gambas-user] Gambas.org is $2900 and climbing

Neil Fallon nfallo at ...734...
Mon Mar 7 05:34:28 CET 2005

Hi Rob,

Actually getting a copyright in the US cost 10.00 and you can submit as
many as you want for the 10.00.  Putting copyright on your code protects
you in the interim while applying for the copyright.  A trademark cost
2,000.00 in the US and has to be researched to make sure that nobody is
using the trademark symbol.  Before a trademark can be issued the tm
sign has to be used for 2 years on the trademark and 3 forms of
documentation must be submitted showing how the trademark was used in
business in 3 different places.  A service mark (sm) is for companies
that provide services but no tangible items for sale.  I was a Notary
Public for a number of years and know the copyright and trademark laws
quite well.

Neil