[Gambas-user] IDE: focus is wrong

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Mar 3 18:25:40 CET 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 12:15, Eilert wrote:
> Just to mention it, I experienced a lot of error messages
> these days :-) and found it rather annoying that the error
> message windows don't appear on top of all others: It's rather
> difficult to push all other windows away to get to the message
> window. Is that only on my screen, or do you folks have the
> same problem?
> By the way, when I stop a program and return to the code, the
> code window doesn't have the focus. Sometimes this is pretty
> nasty, too.
> And when an error occured and I answer the message and break
> the program, the window with the line marked with the error
> doesn't pop to the front.
> I guess this is a known bug, or everyone just accepted it :-)

No, it's not Gambas.  Recent versions of KDE have "focus stealing
prevention" turned on by default, and that causes this behavior.
It's very helpful in preventing IM windows from popping up in
the middle of typing code, but not so cool for things like error
messages.

In the KDE control center, look in Look and Feel/Window Behavior
under the Advanced tab.... you should have a dropdown at the
bottom of the dialog with the focus stealing prevention level.
I think even if you set it to "Low" you might still have this
issue, but experiment a little.

Rob