[Gambas-user] Ampersands (&)

A Person kztyrvlq at ...966...
Wed Jun 29 16:12:16 CEST 2005

Wednesday, 29 June 2005

Good Day All . . .

Help Again. My command button text has by default an ampersand. Instead
of me inserting an ampersand in the text such as "T&ext," I get them by
default. I have been independently coding in Basic for over thirty years
starting with AtariBasic. I would change to a label but I must DblClick
a label for action but this is not a realistic choice. My current
project uses twenty-five command buttons that change text when clicked
that are a combination of letters and numbers. The underscores are
sprinkled throughout on about 1/4 of them and they keep changing. It
looks terrible.

Previously a member of the list suggested that it was a KDE feature. A
KDE user told me that it may be a QT feature. A tech at Trolltech told
me that it was a Gambas feature. It shows also in GNOME as well as KDE.

I am back here again.

Question:	Can anyone tell me how to disable this feature?

Bug:		I can not turn this off. I want to.

Wishlist:	I want to be able to turn this feature off.

Thanks folks.

Paul