[Gambas-user] Maybe a weird question

Maurizio Pozzobon mauriziopz at ...626...
Tue Jun 28 10:36:46 CEST 2005

2005/6/28, Daniel Campos <danielcampos at ...282...>:

> The fake problem of the interpreter availability
>
> Often, some people says: Hey, Gambas programs should be compiled, if not,
> we need the interpreter installed in the machine! We can not distribute
> it!
>
> Let me tell you just one thing:
>
> 1) can you run any KDE program without all its dependencies installed?
> 2) Can you do it with a Gnome program?
> 3) May be just a QT or GTK program?
> 6) Any graphical program without all X libraries?
> 4) Can you use Mplayer without a lot of libraries for codecs?
> 5) Can you install a Apache to serve CGI applications without Perl or
> Python (or Gambas)?
> 6) Can you run any perl, python or bash program without their
> interpreters?
>
> Where's then the problem?

The problem is that to all yours questions the answer is "No". As you can
see in my previous mail I'd like to be able to create an All-in-One package
(rpm or deb) easy to install so that the user could be able to choose
between the normal pack for those who alredy have the dep installed, or like
to install them form source, and the big one for those who like the easy
way.
I think that no one would care if it is interpretable if it is easy to
distribute and ofcourse to use

--
Maurizio