[Gambas-user] Maybe a weird question

PV oreip at ...1...
Mon Jun 27 15:02:44 CEST 2005

On 27/06/2005 14:11, Arkadiusz Zychewicz wrote:
> PaquitoSoft napisa³(a):
>
>> So, is there any possibility in the future for gambas to complie in
>> native linux so you don't need that runtime machine??
>

> I'm joining to this question/request.

I'm joining too :-)

> And i ask if i make a install package (e.g *.rpm) and distribute it.
> This package require some oder package (some gambas interpreter) or the
> install package has inside a interpreter?

In my opinion the goal should be to properly pack all that's needed (app,
interpreter, libraries [possibly to be referenced by something like a
GB_LIBRARY_PATH env variable, which can avoid system-wide installation] etc.)
in order to allow everyone to be able to run the applications developed with
Gambas, without the need to install Gambas itself.

I believe that could further boost Gambas diffusion as an extremely valuable
development tool.

That's my 0.02 :-)

Ciao,
Piero