[Gambas-user] sloooow start

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Thu Jun 16 10:39:10 CEST 2005

Does anyone here have an explanation for this?

My latest project has become rather big by now, and sometimes it starts
extremely slowly now. Sometimes I will have to wait 5 minutes (!) or
more until the window appears.

Once it's started and stopped, it will start within 2 seconds again. But
after an hour or so, sometimes (not regularly) it is delayed again.

This morning when I started the program for the first time (the
executable), it came up after a second or so. I tried some things and
decided where to proceed.

About 15 minutes later, I started Gambas and opened the project. When I
pressed the play button, nothing happened. I pressed Stop, Play again,
nothing (sometimes this helped in the past).

I started the executive again, and it didn't come up either.

Someone came in and we talked for a while, and when I returned to the
screen, both processes had appeared, the executive and the Gambas IDE
one. So I switched them both off, and they would start within seconds
again...

Anyone with an idea?

Rolf