[Gambas-user] Question for Benoit

njmurphy1 at ...734... njmurphy1 at ...734...
Mon Jun 13 20:51:39 CEST 2005

Hi Benoit
 I know this is a small thing but I like to use underscores in names for
classes, such as Time_Functions.  I find this a little easer to read then
TimeFunctions.  Underscores are valid charactors in subroutines and
functions but not class names.  Is there a reason for this?  Is it possible
to allow underscores in class names?

 Right now Gambas doesn't have any none trivial programs written with it
yet, but it will.  Maintainability is a very important feature in code.
When you are trying to find a problem with a ten thousand line program
classnamesthatlooklikethis are somewhat more difficult to read and taxing
on what precious brain power I have left.  If it's not to much trouble
would you consider allowing underscores in the tokens for class and module
names. Thanks

Joseph

P.S.
 Please don't suggest Hungarian notation.  I think it is one of the more
stupid things to come out of MS other then outhouse express.