[Gambas-user] Again on DrawingArea

PV oreip at ...1...
Sun Jul 31 12:09:23 CEST 2005

Hi all,

in light of the new optimizations of its paint event, I would like to ask for
some clarifications on how to properly handle the drawing and the paint events
of a DrawingArea, assuming that its Cached property is set to False.

In Gambas <= 1.9.12, I used to keep all the functions that draw on a
DrawingArea inside the Draw event, and the canvas was properly redrawn when needed.
Everything worked like a charm: CPU usage was normal, drawing and redrawing was
lightning fast.

Starting from 1.9.13, I noticed that everything was extremely slow and the
CPU usage soared close to 100%.
This happens because now it seems that the Draw event is constantly called in
an endless loop, whereas, in versions <= 1.9.12, it was called only once when
some redrawing was needed.

What happened? :-)

TIA for your suggestions.

Ciao,