[Gambas-user] LICENSE FEE

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Jul 23 20:31:57 CEST 2005

On Saturday 23 July 2005 13:21, Laurent Carlier wrote:
> So because the "commercial license" (sigh) doesn't allow this, not
> the GPL one. (GPL doesn't allow linking to non-free, a commercial
> license is necessary).
> Such forbid is prohibit ? Any lawyer here ? :)

As I suggested in an earlier post, I think the best idea for people
who wish to develop proprietary Qt software with Gambas is to ask
Trolltech specifically about Gambas programs.  You know Benoit and
the rest of us not going to sue you for putting out proprietary
Gambas apps, so Trolltech are the ones you really need to talk to.

I would also suggest that anyone who is serious enough about their
"intellectual property" to want to release proprietary software
should already have a lawyer available to them to deal with issues
like this.  You have to spend money to make money.  However, also
realize that my company has been in business for 2 and a half years
now, we have a lawyer, and we still don't develop proprietary
software except when a client specifically and adamantly requires it.
The GPL is quite business-friendly, it's just not friendly to the
likes of Microsoft and Adobe ;)

Rob