[Gambas-user] LICENSE FEE

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Jul 22 06:31:25 CEST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 22:27, BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI wrote:
> I can use Linux and Gambas and SQLite Free, no charge. But using QT
> interface will cost some money for commercial app. So which one
> expensive than making program in windows which only costs for USD
> 70 Windows OS License ? GTK is one thing to be considered as main
> toolkit in gambas then since it's free as well. Just though...

I have always found it ironic when people want to use free software to
create non-free software, and I don't support doing so (if
proprietary software authors would like their Gambas questions
answered, I'll be happy to do so provided they pay me money like any
of my other clients) but Gtk is an obvious answer to this.

Whether it becomes the default toolkit in Gambas is really up to
Benoit....  I prefer how Qt looks and acts, myself, but I wouldn't
complain too much if Gambas moved in a Gtk direction as long as the
Qt one is kept up.

Rob