[Gambas-user] USB Port

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Jul 17 23:40:32 CEST 2005

On Sunday 17 July 2005 00:18, budi at ...415... wrote:
> Well actually it's for accesing RFID device which using USB. Mostly
> new device now using USB or Direct Ethernet connection not old

You'll need to obtain (or write) a driver for the RFID device.  The
driver would most likely be implemented as a kernel module; there'd
be no way to write a driver for a USB device in Gambas as far as I
know.  Once you have a driver, you should be able to talk to the
device over /dev/something-or-other.

> RS232. I have no problem with ethernet since there's a gambas
> component for handling that. Regarding to USB<-->Serial adapter
> means add new hardware again ? It costs then.

Nando misunderstood your request and my response; I seriously doubt a
USB to serial adaptor is going to help you talk to a USB RFID device.

Rob