[Gambas-user] USB Port

budi at ...415... budi at ...415...
Sun Jul 17 06:18:49 CEST 2005

Quoting Rob <sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...>:

> On Saturday 16 July 2005 03:17, nando wrote:
> > Get a USB<-->Serial adaptor and find the kernel module for it.
> > Then you open /dev/ttyUSB0,1,2,3,4....
> > It behaves just like a serial port.
>
> He didn't specify what kind of USB device he wanted to talk to, just
> asked if it were possible to "acces USB Device via gambas" (sic).  I
> think he was hoping there was a way to just generically access USB
> devices as though they were serial devices or something.
>
> My position is that there's no way to access a USB device generically
> from within Gambas, if at all.
>
> Rob

Well actually it's for accesing RFID device which using USB. Mostly new device
now using USB or Direct Ethernet connection not old RS232. I have no problem
with ethernet since there's a gambas component for handling that.
Regarding to USB<-->Serial adapter means add new hardware again ? It costs then.

Budi