[Gambas-user] Database and text

Maurizio Pozzobon mauriziopz at ...626...
Wed Jul 6 10:16:23 CEST 2005

Hi all I'm planning to create a program which when is given a text it search
every word of the text in a list and the perform an action.
My problem is that I don't know how to create that list, I think that, since
it will be a long list, would be a better idea to use a database instead of
a plain text list (so the process would be faster and the list centralized).

The problem is that I don't have a clue of how to use that database so, do
you have any suggestions? some examples would be very apreciated. I tried to
have a look to the doc of mysql but it was very complicated, maybe I'd be
able to use that too but if you know where to find an easier one I'd be
glad.

In the meanwhile I'll start coding with a plain text list hopping to find a
better way to do that.

Thanks

--
Maurizio