[Gambas-user] gb.gtk errors Hardware error, not.

Joseph Cohen joseph.cohen at ...626...
Wed Jul 6 00:39:26 CEST 2005

This problem reoccurs on several computers. I have recompiled from
source the gtk+ libraries to verify if that is the problem and the
problem reoccurs. I also have switched the code from gtk to qt and the
problems go away. If I switch back to gtk the problems re-appear. I am
hopefully going to get a debug trace for you soon but its a lack of
time right now. Also the problem occurs on Gentoo 2005.0 and Suse 9.2.
The problem occurs with Gambas2-1.9.9 and Gambas2-1.9.10. It occurs on
2 P4-3Ghz, 1 AMD64 and 1 Athlon-XP Workstataions. The sample sub code
was posted previously and only does some basic stuff. Basically what I
want to do is read the text in a combo box and if it matches a certain
pattern then set visible = true on objects that are on the form else
set visible = false. Thats it. Pretty simple task and the fact that it
appears on several computers with 2 different distros of Linux and not
with the QT toolkit says something is wrong in the gtk libraries.

Joseph