[Gambas-user] BUG, Model Frame creates Modeless Frame which can't be closed

Toni Schornboeck lists at ...706...
Mon Jul 4 16:40:31 CEST 2005

Hi Guys!

I use this piece of code to ensure there is always a meaningfull error
message, even if the app crashes:

STATIC PUBLIC SUB Main()
 DIM e AS ExceptionForm
 DIM f AS Startup

 f=NEW Startup
 TRY f.ShowModal()
 IF ERROR THEN
   e=NEW ExceptionForm
   e.ShowModal()
   QUIT
 END IF
END

Startup is my real main form, I show it modal, because I want Main() to wait
for it to close before proceeding.

But within my application I want to use modeless windows. I can open them
without problem, but you cannot close them. Even calling ME.Close() doesn't
help. Only solution is to do ME.Delete(). But unfortunately there is no way
to close this window using the windowclose 'button' in the window-title
(where lower, raise, shade, etc. is). Even the parent window is unclosable.

So my questions are:
am I intented to open modeless windows within a modal window?
is there a way to do my exception handling with a modeless window?

If I'm not supposed to open modeless windows form a modal one, it should
give an error message. If I'm allowed to do so, then it should be possible
to close this window.

Thank you in advance.

PS: I'm using gambas 1.0.6 (just downloaded 1.0.7 today and will compile it
later this week).

I'm using Yoper 2.1 (KDE 3.3.0 and Qt 3.3)