[Gambas-user] gb.gtk signal #11 error

Joseph Cohen joseph.cohen at ...626...
Mon Jul 4 08:48:34 CEST 2005

Ok I am randomly getting signal #11 error from my app. The app is only
using the gb and gb.gtk components. Here is where I get it:

Using gambas2-1.9.9 I get it just after the event: combox_click().
After I read the text in the combobox by:

DIM stmp AS STRING
stmp = combobox.text

The contents of the combobox change to binary data instead of the
choice list. At the end of the click event I get the signal 11 simply
at the "END" line for the sub.

On gambas2-1.9.10 the error is the same. Using the latest gb.gtk
component off of the net causes even more errors by simply performing
a Form.close I get a signal 11.

The real code for the event is here:

PUBLIC SUB cmbDriver_Click()

  DIM stmp AS String

  stmp = cmbDriver.Text

  IF InStr(LCase(stmp), "windows xp") > 0 THEN
    btnWinDRV.Visible = TRUE
  ELSE
    btnWinDRV.Visible = FALSE
  END IF

END

I have also tried changing the line "stmp = cmbDriver.Text" to "stmp =
Conv$(cmbDriver.Text, "UTF-8", "ASCII")" with no luck since I see some
unusually GTK warnings in my console screen about the contents not
being "UTF-8".