[Gambas-user] Re: Maybe a weird question

Michael Isaac m_isaac at ...689...
Sat Jul 2 20:58:45 CEST 2005

Joseph,

All of that was very well stated.  I fully agree with you and I think
your insight is spot on.  Ive been an avid Slackware user ever since Red
Hat 8 left a bad taste in my mouth due to several issues with the RPM
system.  At that time I had only used Red Hat and never experienced a
distribution that required real user intervention to configure it and
make sure everything was in good running order. Remember I was a serious
newbie.  I had only been using Red Hat for a month (maybe two).  After
the switch I got that taste of freedom and absolute control over my
system that only Slackware promotes.  I was hooked and I never looked
back.  Since then I have used many distributions and I nothing compares
to Slackware.