[Gambas-user] Question about versions

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...282...
Sat Jul 2 01:55:03 CEST 2005

PaquitoSoft escribió:

>Hi there!!
>
>I have a nice question...
>I'm building a little program with gambas 1.9.3. I use EXEC and SHELL
>and I red that the implementation of them has changed since version
>1.9.9.
>So, I have to build a version of my program to run with gambas <1.9.9
>and another one form gambas>=1.9.9????

Yes, shell and exec syntax has changed, try this little conversion program:

http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/Gambas/ChangeProcessSyntax

And yes, you'll need to write different code for both versions!
gambas-1.9.x is under
heavy developement so programs written on this version should be heavy
mantained.

>Anyway, I won't be able to distribute my application for the moment
>because it's impossible for me to build a package from gambas. I always
>get error when trying to. I have tried with 1.9.3 and 1.9.9 version on
>Debian sarge....

I think packaging is still broken in the developement version... :-((

>Thank you all ladies and gentlemen!

Regards,

D. Campos